Thursday, October 12, 2017

Favorite Digimon #20 - WereGarurumon

"Like Garurumon, but teenage, and badass."

We're clearly in the thick of it now. WereGarurumon checks all the boxes - asymmetry, skull-and-crossbones, belts, zippers, scars, spikes, bandage wrappings, he's got it all. You can even count the brass knuckles as fist-studs if you want. I had a toy of him that could turn into Garurumon, but WereGarurumon is so much cooler I never transformed them, just played with the Ultimate form.

I'm also coming to realize there's something appealing to me about the proportions of all the more humanoid Digimon - very long arms and legs, wide shoulders, smaller torsos. Between that and the checklist above, there's almost more design consistency in Digimon than Pokemon - a lot of people (myself included) can point at Pokes and go "now that doesn't look like a Pokemon", but it's always unmistakable when something is a Digimon, for better or for worse.

What I'm trying to say is, WereGarurumon - out of all the Digimon in the world, you're the Digimon-iest. Or maybe Digimost is the proper phrasing?

No comments:

Post a Comment