Saturday, October 14, 2017

Favorite Digimon #18 - Sukamon

shout-outs to Ed Roth

Look, this guy was one of my favorites as a little kid and I still don't really know why. I even drew comics about him and stuff. I guess, like most little boys, I thought gross-out stuff was awesome? And Sukamon is certainly grotesque. In Japan, he's clearly supposed to be yellow poop, but I don't think I even realized that back then. (of course, modern kids will be familiar with the poop emoji, and recognize East Asia's established shorthand for poo-poo)

So this one's a nostalgia pick for sure, but I kinda like how apologetically weird he is. His lower jaw is entirely unattached to the rest of his body, and his teeth go all the way around, which is crazy. Oh, and what's up with that ugly ratfink on his shoulder, anyway? Or am I the only one who can see him? He looks like a hallucination.

1 comment:

  1. I remember this one from the PS1 game... my cousin had it and she hated this thing.

    I remember his pre-evo being some green slime who ate shit. So he ate so much shit that he became shit?

    ReplyDelete